Sunday, July 22, 2012

Fort Kesroli- frozen in time (Rajasthan Series / Part1 ))

There is no particular reason for writing about Fort Kesroli today, except that I am missing my 'mitti' today.

Rajasthan, the land of my birth, is a part of me in ways I can't even comprehend and so sometimes when I close my eyes, I see vividly, the lanes and bylanes of Jodhpur, the lakes of Alwar, the colors on the streets of Jaipur, the sandstorms covered skies of Bikaner, the scorching sun shining on the magnificient waters of Kota, the blue pots of Barmer and the forts of Jaisalmer.

So when I got married and wanted to share my life with my husband, I did think that I must take him down the memory lane and show him some of the places I grew up in. I must have shared this with him in passing, and then to my utter surprise, he planned this whole trip around some of the most beautiful places in Rajasthan, some seen and some unseen, but all of them from a  landscape that I so well understand, know and relate to.

Fort Kesroli is a 14th century property, restored by the Neemrana group (by the way, did I tell you I am the hugest fan of Neemrana hotels. I sometimes plan my vacations, around where I can find a Neemrana hotel.).

So nestled atop some beautiful rocks, the hill fort looks like a lone warrior, which has fought and won many battles and survived long enough to tell the tales. The morning views from the numerous balconies (to reach which, you'd have to actually climb and jump a good amount) are simply breathtaking.

The winter fog settled on the endless mustard fields, the sleepy little village waking up and stirring to action with the sounds of the whirring grazing machines, the parrots and the sparrows chirping around, and my cycling trip through the farms, sipping in the unadulterated beauty, of all this. The memories of the trip are imprinted in my mind.

What was also special was that the husband had ensured that he did his bookings at a time when there were no guests other than the two of us(don't ask me how he managed to do that). Fabulousness!

And now the important bit- the Photologue

The Haveli from Afar


The Mustard Fields



The early 'January' morning view

The 'Old' world's charm

In the dark of the night



The 'bike' ride


A neighbourhood home





.

1 comment:

Neemrana Hotels said...

Dear Veenu,

Thank you for this lovely blog about Hill Fort-Kesroli. Please do send us your email ID as we'd like to connect with you.

Warm Regards,
Team Neemrana
friendofneemrana@neemranahotels.com