Friday, July 20, 2012

Shaheen Bagh - The middle Earth

I was watching 'Mere Brother ki Dulhan' today and my heart jumped when I saw the movie. Not because I liked the movie that much, but because I recognized the place that was being passed off as Imran Khan's home. It was none other than 'Shaheen Bagh'.

Shaheen Bagh is this beautiful bungalow  or should I saw rest home,  in the middle of nowhere, somewhere between Rishikesh and Mussorie.

It is the most gorgeous piece of property I have been to and I don't mean that in the five star/seven star sense. As much as I am creature of luxuries, I love the quaint and the quiet, and this place is just that.

The serenity, the beauty, the quiet, the solitude, the magnificent view by the pool side, the absoluteness of silence- Aha! what else does one want in life. The place is poetic.

I promise to add some photos when I am little less sleepy. Meanwhile, here's remembering all the fond memories of the place - from the blue room to the library to the movie watching marathon to the scrumpdiddlyumptious meals.
                                                                  The poolside
                                                          
                                                              The entrance:

The lounge
 

The dining hall

The view of the room I stayed in from outside

No comments: