Saturday, August 25, 2012

Zen like, at the Jain Temples of Ranakpur and Delwara

While growing up I did not think much about God or religion or spirituality, partly because my Parents are quite liberal and allowed us to develop our own sense of connections and inter-connections in this world.

Later on, when I did think about it, I romanticised the idea of 'atheism' , mostly because of certain literary influences.

However, now that I have shed all my Rebel-lisms, I am deeply pulled by all that is mytique, beautiful, divine and transcedental, and it has occured to me that even 'atheism' has 'theism' in it.

The temples of Rankapur and Delwara are all that I just defined. They are work of art beyond compare, beauty beyond words could explain, serene beyond the realms of physicality and I truly sensed divinity when I sat meditating there.

My deepest 'being' felt a sense of connection, an all - encompassing feeling of well-being, resonance with each particle in me and around me. These words are flowing right now, because I sensed all of this whilst there..

I do not have photos of the inside's of these temples , (a) because of certain restrictions that are there in terms of photography (b) I did not feel like clicking any digital photos - these images are imprinted in my mind any which ways.

“Zen does not confuse spirituality with thinking about God while one is peeling potatoes. Zen spirituality is just to peel the potatoes -  Alan Watts "

So defying the usual traditions that I have set for this blog, this photologue is simply dedicated to this spirit:





 

No comments: